A prostitute is a person, “who allows his or her body to be used for lewd purposes in return for payment”. Prostitution is the exchange of sexual services.
Prostitutes are not only females but males as well. Where do they come from? Did they pick this life? No, not all of them chose to do this! People should turn away from the blind assumptions. There are two types of prostitution, voluntary and involuntary. No 14-year-old determines to be one, they do not set demands on themselves. They are pressured into it, they are deceived to by so many fake things. For example, youngsters are lured to another country in the name of work and then cheated upon by their passports and all belongings taken away. The majority think they are going to work as waitresses, dancers in bars, or as domestic servants, but end up in a debt servitude situation in brothels far from home.
Elements they might have been coerced into being a prostitute:
- Ill-treatment by parents
- Bad company
- Family prostitutes
- Social customs
- Inability to arrange marriage
- Lack of sex education, media
- Prior incest and rape
- Early marriage and desertion
- Lack of recreational facilities, ignorance, and acceptance of prostitution
- Economic causes include poverty and economic distress
- Psychological causes include the desire for physical pleasure, greed, and dejection